Cheapest FR44 & SR22 Insurance!
Oregon SR22 Insurance

Oregon SR22 Insurance

Cheap Oregon SR22 Insurance

Oregon SR22 Explained

An SR-22 is required in Oregon after the following:

  • Failure to drive with proper insurance
  • Involvement  in uninsured accident
  • Hardship license or probationary permit application
  • Driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII)

For a complete list of suspensions and reasons an SR-22 may be needed contact the DMV at (503) 945-5400.

The SR22 insurance must be in place for three years from the end date of your suspension. If you have been convicted of driving without insurance it is required for 3 years and 33 days from that conviction date.

Get Your Oregon Driver's License Reinstated Quickly!

Do I Need to File an SR-22 in Oregon if I Live in Another State?

Yes, if you are required to file an SR-22 in Oregon but live in another state you must still meet the requirements in Oregon. The state shares this information with a national database so other states will not issue a license if you still show a suspension in another state.

Oregon Liability Insurance Requirements

The state of Oregon requires liability insurance to protect other drivers in the event of an accident. The minimum limits are:

  • $25k Per Person Bodily Injury
  • $50k Per Accident Bodily Injury
  • $10k Property Damage
  • $15k Personal Injury Protection

While these limits are minimum they are rarely recommended levels of coverage. Ask your insurance agent what they recommend based on your financial position.

Suspended License in Oregon

Reasons for License Suspension in Oregon

  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to appear in court
  • Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
  • Refusal of chemical test for BAC
  • Accumulation of points on driving record

Does Oregon Have a Hardship Permit?

Yes, these permits must be approved by the court and/or Department of Motor Vehicles. If you have violated a previous hardship permit you cannot be permitted another one.

What Does a Hardship License or Probationary Permit Allow Me to Do?

Most hardship permits are used to drive to and from work, seek employment, medical treatments, and participation on alcohol/drug treatment course.

How Do I Reinstate My Driver’s License?

After you have completed all the court ordered suspension period, documents and there is no other suspension on your driving record you can pay the $75 reinstatement fee. Any court costs are not included in the reinstatement fee so review your court documents to see if any additional fines are due.

Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants (DUII) in Oregon

It is unlawful to drive a motor vehicle in Oregon while under the influence of alcohol and/or a controlled substance. The arresting law enforcement officer will ask you to take a test to determine your blood alcohol concentration (BAC). If the BAC is .08% or higher you have failed the test and your license will be taken immediately. For drivers under age 21 any level of alcohol in the body will fail the BAC test.

What if I Refuse to Take the Breathalyzer Test?

When you received your driver’s license you gave consent to a test of your breath, blood or urine to determine BAC. If you refuse this test your license will be suspended for a period of one year or if you have  prior alcohol offenses on your driving record it will be three years.

How Long is a Suspension for First Time DUII Offenders?

If you take the breath test and fail it with a .08% BAC or higher your license will be suspended for 90 days. If there are any prior alcohol offenses on your record within the last 5 years your suspension will be one year.

Required to Get an Ignition Interlock Device?

The ignition interlock program is designed for those drivers who have been convicted of a DUII in Oregon. It allows the driver to receive  a hardship permit during a DUII suspension or to fully reinstate your license after a DUII suspension.

All costs associated with installation, removal, and monthly monitoring are the responsibility   of the offender. There is financial assistance for those who cannot afford the costs but contact customer assistance (503) 945-5400 for further assistance.

For more information, visit the Oregon DMV website.

Switch to desktop site